Sous Chef Westmeath 45k
Location: Glasson westmeath
We are delighted to be recruiting a Sous Chef for an exciting modern redeveloped property in Glassan Westmeath. An opportunity to work with highly experienced and respected chefs with great scope for career progression.
Our client seeks an experienced Sous chef with a flair for modern cooking and a drive to develop their career.
Key Duties and Responsibilities;
- Oversees and organises kitchen stock and ingredients.
- Ensures a first-in, first-out food rotation system and verifies all food products are properly dated and organized for quality assurance.
- Keeps cooking stations stocked, especially before and during prime operation hours.
- Mentor an ambitious culinary team.
- Manages food and product ordering by keeping detailed records and minimises waste, plus works with existing systems to improve waste reduction and manage budgetary concerns.
- Supervises all food preparation and presentation to ensure quality and restaurant standards.
- To receive all deliveries (early morning drop-offs). Ensure all deliveries are checked and signed for and transfer to relevant storage areas promptly on receipt as well delivery dockets are process on synergy on arrival.
- To record all purchases on Delivery intake book and check and make sure GRN invoices are matching with purchases from suppliers
- To physically count correct the stock weekly and monthly and save it before 5pm and to return weekly stock paperwork on a weekly basis to the accounts department.
- To make roster for chefs and send to approval until Tuesday 12am.
- To place daily orders according to business needs and daily sales to ensure fresh product daily and correct rotation of stock.
- Check chill blast machine and record sheet to make sure is in good condition and fill up correc
- Works with head chef and broader culinary team to maintain kitchen organization, staff ability, and training opportunities.
- Verifies that food storage units all meet standards and are consistently well-managed.
- Assists head chef with menu creation.
- Coordinates with restaurant management team on supply ordering, budget, and kitchen efficiency and staffing.
- Continual training and development
- Career progression within the Group
- Gratuities *
- Group privilege card, entitling you to many discounts across our 60+ venues
- Social Club which organises regular fun-filled activities and gatherings for teams across the group
- Wellness at work Events
- Travel Incentives
- Refer a friend scheme
- External company discounts
- Gym Membership discounts
- Employment Assistance Programme - a confidential employee benefit designed to help you deal with personal and professional problems that could be affecting your home life or work life, health and general EAP service provides a complete support network that offers expert advice and compassionate guidance 24/7, covering a wide range of issues.
SALARY 45K per annum
Apply For This Job
Alternatively, you can apply for this job by uploading your CV below.