Junior Sous Chef - Maynooth
Rate: €29,000.00–€32,000.00 p/h
Junior sous chef
We are delighted to be recruiting for an exciting new healthy eating food concept in the scenic town of Maynooth. An opportunity to work with highly experienced and respected chefs in a casual concept environment. Day time hours only and flexibility on weekends off, our client has developed an excellent working environment for all the team. Great working environment with the right work/life balance.
Our client seeks an experienced Junior sous or a chef de partie who is ready to step up and progress their development with this exciting role.
Key Duties and Responsibilities;
- Oversees and organises kitchen stock and ingredients.
- Ensures a first-in, first-out food rotation system and verifies all food products are properly dated and organized for quality assurance.
- Keeps cooking stations stocked, especially before and during prime operation hours.
- Mentor an ambitious culinary team.
- Manages food and product ordering by keeping detailed records and minimises waste, plus works with existing systems to improve waste reduction and manage budgetary concerns.
- Supervises all food preparation and presentation to ensure quality and restaurant standards.
- Works with head chef and sous chef to maintain kitchen organization, staff ability, and training opportunities.
- Verifies that food storage units all meet standards and are consistently well-managed.
- Assists head chef with menu creation.
- Coordinates with restaurant management team on supply ordering, budget, and kitchen efficiency and staffing.
- Unrelenting focus on quality.
- Qualification in culinary arts, or similar is desired, but not essential.
- A personal desire to be developed and to learn in your role.
- Ability to support the successful operations of the kitchen.
- Ability to build relationships and influence with all levels of the business.
- Computer literacy and willingness to learn new systems and software.
Apply For This Job
Alternatively, you can apply for this job by uploading your CV below.