HR Manager - Short term contract
Outline of Duties and Responsibilities;
- Human Resources (HR) Manager will be accountable for ensuring that the facility has in place the necessary policies, procedures and progressive human resource systems, processes and structures to ensure that the hospital’s most important asset, its staff, are effectively recruited, retained and developed and that harmonious staff relations are fostered, developed and maintained.
- He/she will be expected to advise the Chief Executive and/or Board and Heads of Departments on key human resource management issues and put in place appropriate strategies and systems to underpin an effective, progressive, flexible human resource management philosophy and practice.
- Available as a resource to senior line managers to ensure that emerging issues and problems are identified in good time before they become either operational or potentially third-party referral issues.
- The appointee will also be expected to represent the facility at HR management and employee relations outside of the facility.
- Attend, as required, working groups and committees of the organisation as required.
- Support Performance Management development for staff, and identify the requirements needed to ensure the organisation can deliver a high-quality service to staff, patients and residents.
- It is expected that the appointee will possess the requisite skills of flexibility, vision, excellent communication, negotiation/persuasion skills with an attention for detail without losing sight of the big picture.
- In addition to being a hands-on practitioner, it is expected that the HR Manager will contribute significantly to the strategic perspective of the hospital.
- He/she will be expected to keep abreast of all imminent developments in the areas of Human Resource Management and Development.
- As a member of the management team of the Hospital, they may be expected to lead on key organisational projects as designated by the Chief Executive.
Training and Development:
· Developing and administering training/education programmes and identifying the hospital’s priority training needs in consultation with the management colleagues. Develop a hospital-wide training needs assessment and programme the relevant training to meet existing and future requirement. This includes the training needs of all disciplines.
· Assist Department Heads in developing appropriate induction courses for new employees.
· Minimum five years’ Human Resources (HR) experience including strong industrial and employee relations experience.
· A sound background in HR and/or relevant experience in recruitment, staff relations and identifying training and development needs.
· Management/supervisory experience
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org in confidence to discuss
Apply For This Job
Alternatively, you can apply for this job by uploading your CV below.