Head Chef Dublin 2
Location: Dublin city centre
- To ensure that all company systems, procedures and standards are adhered to.
- To ensure that all menu items are prepared according to menu specifications manual.
- To ensure that all preparation of foods is carried out according to menu preparation manual.
- To ensure that the highest standards of hygiene are maintained and that our Food Safety System is strictly adhered to.
- To ensure new staff are trained to the highest possible standard and to introduce new staff in system.
- To ensure all daily/nightly/weekly cleaning schedules are completed.
- To attend training sessions both on job/off job.
- To attend all staff meetings
- Check temperature records from previous day (first thing in the morning before open kitchen)
- Check all labels to ensure all food in on date
- Check daily cleaning duties and closing duties and to make daily end of night report regarding staff working hours.
- Check wastage and introduce in system
- Check par levels and fill up the daily production chart
- To ensure that all temperatures checks are completed by you and chefs and record them accurately.
- To complete main line stock counts daily to prevent shrinkage.
- To receive all deliveries (early morning drop-offs). Ensure all deliveries are checked and signed for and transfer to relevant storage areas promptly on receipt as well delivery dockets are process on synergy on arrival.
- To record all purchases on Delivery intake book and check and make sure GRN invoices are matching with purchases from suppliers
- To physically count correct the stock weekly and monthly and save it before 5pm and to return weekly stock paperwork on a weekly basis to the accounts department.
- To make roster for chefs and send to approval.
- To place daily orders according to business needs and daily sales to ensure fresh product daily and correct rotation of stock.
- Attention to detail
- High level of organisation
- Ability to train staff to a high level of knowledge
- Setting goals to grow the business
- Strong understanding of business management
- Providing leadership and direction to all employees
- Ability to keep staff motivated
- Ability to assign sections and delegating tasks
- Ability to effectively liaise with manager to ensure quality off food and service delivered is up to standards as well if there are any missing items from menu to bring in staff attention.
Excellent package available, with many additional add ons and genuine career development for the right candidates.
Salary 50 - 55k
Signing on bonus of €1000 payable after 6 months
Apply For This Job
Alternatively, you can apply for this job by uploading your CV below.